We're always on the look out for well-written manuscripts and pro-active authors who'd like to benefit from our support and professional expertise. We're a small specialist team and in order to maintain high standards we are increasingly selective about the work we take on and we review each manuscript thoroughly. This means you should allow up to 10 working days for initial feedback. All submissions should be sent to Publishing Assistant Rowena Ball: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please supply your text:
- as a single Microsoft Word document.
- double-spaced, in 12pt type, left-aligned, with the first line of each new paragraph indented, with a page break formatted at the end of each chapter or after each poem (please don't use repeated returns, but instead select Toolbar > Insert > Page Break). All pages should be numbered using auto-numbering.
- poetry manuscripts should be formatted in a similar way, but with single-spacing instead of double.
- if you've used footnotes or endnotes, please ensure they're correctly formatted using the footnotes/endnotes tool in Microsoft Word or Apple's Pages.
- include a title page and author name, dedication, acknowledgements and/or table of contents where appropriate (page numbers can be left out as these may change once the book has been professionally designed and laid out).
- labelled with the title of your work and the word 'text', eg booktitle-text.doc.
- as an email attachment or via a free file sharing service such as Dropbox.)
Please supply your images:
- separately and not embedded within the text document (as this can degrade the resolution of the image).
- as print-ready JPGs scanned at a minimum of 300dpi, A5 size or larger (A4 or larger for children's books).
- CMYK if the images are to be used in colour, or greyscale if B&W.
- labelled with a file name that helps us to identify the order and position in which they will appear in the book, eg 001AuntyMary.jpg. This way it's clear to us that 'Aunty Mary' will be the first picture in the book. The second picture in the book will be labelled '002', the third '003' etc.
- as email attachments (if the files aren't too large), or via a free file sharing service such as Dropbox.)
- if you prefer, we can scan your original images from photos or negatives for a small additional charge per image. Original images larger than A4 may require an A3 scanner or individual photography, which is priced separately.
The small print
- Please ensure that any content you supply is your own original work and that you own the copyright for any images you supply, or that you have written documentation of permission to use copyrighted material.
- Take careful note of the submission guidelines above. If we receive your files in other formats, we may not be able to open them and begin work on your manuscript (and you may be asked to re-submit, or to pay for the additional costs of correcting or re-formatting files).
- We are selective about the work we take on in order to maximise your chance of success in a crowded marketplace. This means work intended for publication and distribution into the trade should be of a high standard.
- Copy-editing and proofreading are recommended before publication.